Friday, January 4, 2013

Pipe dreams

Our holidays were, to say the least, not the best this year.  My jeep broke down.  We didn't have the best time.  But now is the new year.  I am back to school, and I'm very determined to obtain my degree very soon.  I have been doing some thinking lately and have some things I want to do.  I have been toying for a very long time with writing a book.  I have some characters in mind, and a possible plot.  But I keep coming around to writing about my life.  I don't know if it would even get picked up by a publisher, but hey, maybe I just need to write it for me.  I have so many things I want people to know and I have always been a person who was better at writing my feelings down, than speaking them verbally.  Who knows, maybe I will just sit down and do it one day.

This is a new year and a new me.  I have begun a path of healthier eating and healthier living.  I have started walking more and my menus for my family are healthier.  My goal is to lose at least 50 pounds by June.  I know I can do it and so can my daughter.  She is my inspiration for this.  She needs to get healthier and I am going to walk right along with her.  My husband, of course, is right there with us.  But he really doesn't have a choice.  LOL...he has to eat what everyone else is eating and well, if that means healthy foods then he'll just have to eat them too.  He doesn't care.  He wants us to do what makes us happy.  That is why I love him so much.  He is always there to pick me up when I fall and to make me laugh when all I want to do is cry.

Another thing I have been thinking about is applying to appear on a television show called Chopped.  We are a very Food Network family.  We have certain shows that we like to watch and most of them seem to air on the Food Network.  One of these shows is Chopped.  There are four contestants who each get a mystery basket.  The challenge is to prepare a course out of the ingredients in the basket.  There are three rounds and the winner walks away with $10,000.  Maybe its a pipe dream, but my family loves my cooking and I love to experiment with cooking.  Who knows?  Maybe I could go on the show and walk away with the money.  Or I could get on the show and freeze and embarass myself lol.  I have the application downloaded and I am filling it out.  Whether I send it in or not is another question.  I'll talk to my husband and daughter and see what they think.  I'd really like to do it, but I'm also scared to death that I will make a fool of myself.

I'm going to meditate on these things and see where the Goddess leads me.  Everyone have a wonderful day.  Blessed Be.


                                                  Just a lovely shot of the sky around sunset.


No comments:

Post a Comment