One heck of a week, let me tell you. I spent over nine hours in the ER on Monday trying to figure out what was going with my side. And after those long, BORING hours sitting there doing nothing, I was told "we don't know what is wrong, but if it happens again or you start to run a fever, come back." Why would I want to come back to a place where they tell you they see you in the order of need, not the order you enter the ER, and yet I sat there for four hours, and watched them deal with sniffles and runny noses while I sat in a hard wheelchair, doubled over in pain. The pain has still not gone away and all week I have felt like all I wanted to do was sleep. I made a nice dinner for the family Wednesday night, and couldn't keep it down. I have only been sick like that twice and both times I was pregnant. I am pretty positive there is no pregnancy, but something is going on and I want to know what. I called my regular doctor and I hope I can deal with this until the 17th when I have my appointment.
Someone asked me a while back why I didn't go out much anymore. Well, honestly, I just don't have the urge to do so. Plus, nothing against my husband, it would be nice to have another couple or a few friends to go out with every now and again. We don't have many friends, and there is a very good reason for that. I won't get into that here because it's just too long of an explanation to try and put it all on here. Just let me say that when you get let down over and over and over again, you learn to quit relying on people and start relying on yourself. Because in the end, the only person you can really count on is yourself. I don't like feeling that way, and I am trying very hard to not feel that way. But sometimes it is hard to put my trust in people. I sit here at home every day with no one to talk to but my animals. I do homework, housework, and when weather permits, I do yard work. I wish I had a job to go to every day and socialize with other adults, but until I can get my business up and running, that just isn't in the cards for me right now. I have accepted the fact that my last employer screwed me out of a job in this town. And I know that Karma will come around and bite him square in his ass for what he did to me. And I hope that I am around to pop the popcorn for that show.
Ok, onto other things. My wonderful daughter turned 17 on Tuesday. She is growing up so fast and I just don't know where the time is going. She has started looking at colleges and sent off a card the other day to go visit one in March. She is into her second half of her junior year and is talking about prom and buying a car. Where did my little girl go? Where did my lovely little giggling child go who used to climb into my lap and ask me to sing to her? Yes, my little girl is no longer a little girl. She is growing into a wonderful young woman who will do great things. Saturday night we are taking her out to dinner and I hope she has a wonderful time. I am also putting together a cookbook for her with some recipes from me, her grandmother and her great grandmother..3 generations of recipes to put together. It won't be done by Saturday but I can't wait to get it all put together. It has brought so many wonderful memories looking through all these recipes from my mom and my grandmother. Blessed Be everyone, have a wonderful weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment