Saturday, January 12, 2013

Friendship????

I know there are not a lot of people who read my blog. I have 2 followers and I follow, I think only three or four people. But this isn't about how many people follow me. This blog is about my personal thoughts and inner dreams. I write maybe once a week, sometimes more if I get the notion. Tonight was supposed to be a birthday party/dinner for my daughter. I know she invited a couple of her friends and of course my husband and I were going to be there. Plus we invited a couple of our adult friends. And as per my blog from yesterday, tonight was a prime example of why we don't go out and socialize. One couple I can't be upset with because my friend was sick. But the other couple knew over a week ago that they had made plans with us tonight and all of a sudden they have to help someone else out. I think it is BS that they screwed us over for someone else. But it is ok. I understand and if this is what they define as friendship then I don't want any part in it. This is not what I call it. A friend is defined as a person for whom one feels affection and respect. Backing out on plans at the last minute because one of your other friends called is not respectful. They should have told the other people "we have plans already, how about a rain check?" But as I've stated before, I have discovered that it is not the quantity of friends you have but the quality of the ones you have. And we don't have many but I hope that the few we do have prove to be of better quality than the ones who have shown their true colors as of late.

On to another subject, I am glad that one of my daughter's friends did show up for her dinner. And I am glad she had a good time. Even thought I did embarrass her thoroughly at the restaurant. We went to Golden Corral and I had the waitstaff sing happy birthday to her. And she turned beet red and I LOVED the expression on her face. Especially when not five minutes before she asked for no surprises. LOL. But I do love her and she knew when she asked that I was going to do it anyway. We weren't out long and we came home and relaxed for the rest of the evening. And I already have plans for her 18th birthday. Those plans will be kept secret tho until I iron out all of the details. I want so much for her and I know this is our year. Blessed Be my brothers and sisters. And may the Goddess shed her wonderful light on you tomorrow and every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment