As I sit and write this, I am thinking of all of the men and women who are serving our country this holiday season. I want to start by saying THANK YOU for your service and I hope that you will be home with your families very soon.
This holiday season is not a merry one for me. I have my husband and my daughter and I am thankful to the Goddess for them both. But I so much want to be able to have a better relationship with the rest of my family. But it is a time of new beginnings and cleansing. As I sat in my meditation space during the Solstice, I began to feel a connection to the Earth. I have never felt so open and in tune with Mother Earth. I know people don't understand my religious path. But it is not for other people to understand my path, it is only that they allow me to believe the way I do and allow me my freedom to practice the way I choose. I meditate each night (well I try to) on the day's happenings and on things that I feel I need some guidance about. My meditations lately have taken me to a path where I can see myself fulfilling my dreams and finally becoming the person that I want to be. Each person must follow the path that they are given and I have swayed from this path so much lately that I need to get back on it. It will take some time and some patience. But with a little guidance and my own perseverance I know that I will be back on the path meant for me.
I spent a lot of time in my life giving of myself and making sure everyone else was happy. This Solstice I made a promise to myself to take a little more time for me. I will be finishing school very soon and that will put me one step closer to where I need to be. I will be meeting with a woman about some space for my shop after the holidays. I have found a sister of the heart who follows the same path as I do. We have both had some issues concerning people not understanding why we follow the path that we do. But we both know that this is the path we chose. People seem to think that Pagans and Wiccans are devil worshipers. Trust me, we are NOT. We worship the Earth. Christians think of going to church as meeting inside a building once a week and saying their prayers. I am in church every time I step outside. The Earth is my church. I don't condemn other religions and I expect the same considerations about mine. I am who I am and your approval is neither desired nor required. But I will take your acceptance. However, if you can not accept me for who I am, then please let me show you the door.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year. Blessed Be my friends. And may the Goddess bless you with wonderful things in the coming year.
No comments:
Post a Comment