Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 4

I know it has been a few days since I wrote on here.  But there has been some things going on that I have had to deal with.  My daughter spent quite a few years living with her father in Alabama.  I wasn't happy about it, but it was what was the best thing for her at the time I agreed to let her go down there.  This past summer, she decided that she wanted to come and live with me.  Her father didn't like it and put up a big fuss.  But we eventually got her here.  She is going to a local high school and has made friends.  She enjoys it here and I am having some severe reservations about her going to see her father for part of her Christmas vacation.  I know in my heart that her father will not keep her from coming back and finishing her school year here.  But what worries me the most is when she goes to see him for the summer.  She has already made it perfectly clear that she does not want to go back and live with her father.  She wants to finish her high school career here and then go to college.  I know that maybe I don't have the financial means that her father does to take care of her.  But my love for my child is unyielding.  I may not have  a lot of money or the best house or even the nicest car, but my daughter has what she needs.  I try very hard to get her some of the things she wants but she is also old enough to understand that the household bills come first.  My reservations come from knowing her father the way that I do.  He is a manipulative and scheming man.  He wants things his way or no way at all.  I hope and pray that when it comes time to come home after the holidays, that I will not have to fight to get her back here.  And I hope and pray that when it comes time for her to come home after the summer, there will not be a fight.  But I also know that if it comes down to it, nothing and no one will stop me from getting my daughter back home with me where she belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment