This is Day 2. I am planning my 20 year high school reunion and it is fun. I enjoy the planning aspects of it. I enjoy the different aspects of planning and getting everything ready. I spoke with a member of the class before us and she gave me some wonderful ideas about what we could do to make our reunion more memorable. I received our yearbook today from one of my classmates. Looking through the pictures was crazy. It was a blast from the past.
As I was looking through these pictures and wondering where I have been and where I am going, I find myself wondering how a certain relationship in my life went down the tubes. I have 2 sisters who I love very much. One of them lives close by and the other lives in another state. The one in the other state hasn't spoken to me in over three years. I have come to the decision that I am going to make this right. We are both to blame for the things that happened between us. But considering she has yet to make an effort to mend the fences, I feel, as the older sibling, I should make the first move. I have begun a letter to her that I am going to include in a Christmas card. Now, whether or not she reads it, is up to her. She may receive it, tear it up and throw it in the trash. But to know that I made the first move will be a weight off of my conscience. As I said in my first blog, this is my life and I know where I am going with it. I also know that my past mistakes are what make me who I am today. I am not happy about some of the mistakes I made. But it is in the past, and there is nothing I can do to change them. I can only push forward with my life and believe that I am where I am because I was meant to be here. Blessed Be.
No comments:
Post a Comment