Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just another day

So, I guess people don't find me interesting.  Well, that is ok.  This blog is mostly for me.  If anything I say somehow helps someone else then that is great.  If it doesn't then I am ok with that as well.  I made some decisions this week and I hope they are for the best.  I still want to finish school and one day start my own business.  However, while I am doing this, I need a way to help take care of my family.  I have already planted a vegetable garden and decided after some research and some phone calls that I am going to raise a few chickens in the back yard.  You can call me crazy but hey I have to do what I have to do to take care of my family.  I am still looking for what would be the best breed to keep in my backyard but it will not be long before I have a little flock out there.  I am looking for some that will produce plenty of eggs and some that will be used to feed my family.  I have never raised my own food like that before but with the economy the way it is, sometimes you have to do what needs to be done.  I have to find some wood and build a chicken coop and research how much food is going to cost me for these chickens. But I know I can do it and my family will be there to support this latest venture.


On the home front, my husband is working harder than ever.  Yesterday he worked a 15 hour day and he found out today that he will be working 2 extra days this week.  The money will be great but I know that he is getting tired of being the only bread winner in the house.  He is very supportive of my dreams and has never once told me that I needed to get a job outside of the home.  I have the hope that once I finish my degree I will be able to help him go back and get his degree. He wants to get a degree but I don't think he has decided what he wants to be when he grows up. LOL....I will be spending this week doing homework, and finally cleaning out my house.  I want to go through everything and if I haven't used it in six months or seen it for that matter, it is going to Good Will.  Over the next few months we are going to start doing some spring cleaning I guess you could say.  I want to clean up the yard to make it look more presentable.  We are going to fix the front porch and paint it.  I want to be proud of people coming over to my house.  Right now, I would much rather people not see where I live.  I know that is silly but I spent a good part of my life worrying so much about what people thought of me.  I know I have a few good friends who don't care one way or the other but this is more for boosting my self esteem and making things look pretty outside as well as in.  


I have decided to do the walk for breast cancer in October in Charlotte.  Its a two day event and maybe I'm crazy for wanting to walk 39 miles but its for a good cause and I just feel the need to give back.  It is going to take a lot of hard work and determination but I know I can do it.  My daughter wants to do it too.  We are still waiting for the paperwork about how much the registration fee is and all of that.  I just hope I have the will power to succeed.  Blessed Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment